Music City, here we come! That’s right, Melbourne Orlando International Airport (MLB) now has low-fare, nonstop flights to Nashville International Airport (BNA) on Allegiant. Allegiant’s new flights from MLB to Nashville make it an easy and affordable weekend getaway option, and we’re here to help plan your trip. Here is a complete guide to all the great things to see, taste, and do in the capital of country music!
Let’s start with the first question we know the answer to. You’re probably asking how many days do you need to explore Nashville? Ideally, Nashville can be enjoyed over a long weekend, three to four days. The good news is that Allegiant’s new flights between Melbourne and Nashville are on Thursdays and Sundays – perfect for an action-packed weekend getaway. And, if you’re looking for a deeper dive into Nashville’s rich music history or Tennessee’s gorgeous landscape, we highly suggest staying the week.
Our Top 10 Bucket List
Although this blog has countless options and details for more sights to see, tastes to try and venues to visit, we’ve put together our Top 10 things you should consider for your bucket list when traveling to Nashville. Which ones are you going to check off?
- Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Stroll down Honky Tonk Highway filled with live music, shopping, and fun.
- Catch a concert in Musician’s Corner.
- Snap some selfies for the Gram (Instagram that is!) with tons of Murals.
- Hop on a Pedal Cart Tour (a quick Google will provide dozens of options).
- Visit the historic Grand Ole Opry for a concert and walk among stars on the Backstage Tour.
- Sign up for a ghost tour, if you dare…
- Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, it’s a sight to see!
- Buy your first pair of boots… or three! Buy 1, get 2 free deals exist.
- It’s time for some line dance lessons, y’all! Find them on Airbnb.
Sights to See
When visiting a city that has such a vibrant lifestyle like Nashville, it can be overwhelming trying to decide what to do. Simply use this list to help you either find something new or to completely plan your stay in Nashville!
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: Your destination for exploring and sharing the important cultural asset that is country music.
- Musician’s Corner: The home of free public access to live music in the heart of Music City.
- Music City Center: Book a tour of Nashville’s convention center or plan your visit around a major event or conference.
- Grand Ole Opry: This is the stage that showcases the past, present, and future of country music with your chance to catch a backstage tour.
- Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center: Embrace a one-of-a-kind resort experience in the heart of Nashville. This fun venue offers acres of airy indoor gardens, restaurants, and plenty of family-friendly activities!
- Mural Tours: Explore this virtual tour to find the murals you want to use as your photo backdrops while in Music City. You can even book a golf cart tour to check out the murals!
- Ghost Tours: What could be more fun (or scary) than exploring Nashville at night and learning about all its most haunted sites.
Tastes to Try & Sips to Enjoy
There’s no better pair with music that a good meal and a refreshing drink, and Nashville does not disappoint in any of those areas. We’ve narrowed down this foodie’s paradise with our team’s favorite spots in Music City.
- Broadway/Honky Tonk* Highway: The Honky Tonk Highway district located on Nashville’s Broadway Street is where most country music stars played before you knew their names. Live venues, shopping, restaurants and more fill the street with excitement and fun.
*FYI, a “Honky Tonk” is an establishment that contains at least one rockin’ stage, cold beverages, and a party that lasts all day, every day.
- Tootsies’ World Famous Orchid Lounge: A local icon where almost every star has played at or visited, you just can’t miss this place while in Nashville. Just look for the purple building.
- AJ’s Good Time Bar: A great place for “Keepin’ it country!” The atmosphere is laid back, the live music is great, and the prices won’t leave you crying the next day.
- The Wild Beaver: Best dive bar with karaoke all day, and not to mention a mechanical bull. Slightly off the beaten path of broadway…but it’s well worth it!
- Luke’s 32 Bridge Food + Drink: A cool atmosphere, good food, and high-end cocktails.
The home of Tennessee Whiskey.
- Jack Daniel’s Distillery: It’s recommended that you schedule a shuttle from Nashville to the distillery in Lynchburg
Who doesn’t love a good brunch?
- Pinewood Social: In addition to delicious brunch bites, mimosas, and fabulous coffee, you can bowl and even spend the day by the pool.
- Burger Up in 12 South: The perfect option for drinks “to-go” while you explore 12 South! They have the cutest glass bottles to make drinks travel and eco-friendly while you shop!
- The Farmhouse: In the heart of downtown Nashville, their Sunday brunch is the perfect way to end your stay in Music City. They also feature happy hour from 2 to 6 p.m. on weekdays. Their menus use from-scratch ingredients, supporting local and family-owned businesses.
Fun Around Every Corner
Here’s a few options to provide the best way to see as much as you can while you’re in Nashville.
- Nashville Pedal Tavern: Explore the city by pedaling and sipping your way through it. This world-famous Nashville Party Bike is truly an adventure you can’t skip and is such a fun way to tour music row.
- Music City Total Access Pass: Rockin’ deal with SIX attractions, plus SIX exclusive discounts for ONE great price!
- Hop On Hop Off Trolley Tours: These open-air, stadium-styled seating trolleys provide some of the best picture-taking opportunities in Nashville and provide opportunities to hop on and off at various locations throughout the city during the day.
- Upcoming Big Concerts in 2021: Music City. Do we need to say any more?
- Nature Parks & Trails: Our favs are Radnor State Park, Beaman Park Nature Center, and Edwin and Percy Warner Parks.
Tunes in Music City
Although there are endless options to choose from, here are some of the Top Live Music Venues In Nashville. It is Music City after all, but here’s just a few top live music venues that Nashville has to offer.
Opry Backstage Grill
- The High Watt
- Schermerhorn Symphony Center
- The Union Station Nashville Yards – Autograph Collection by Marriott
- The Row
- Moxy Nashville Downtown (HOTEL)
- Aloft Nashville West End
- Music City Walk of Fame
- Kid Rock’s Big Honky Tonk & Rock n’ Roll Steakhouse
- Yee Haw Brewing Co.
- Analog at Hutton Hotel
- Ole Red Nashville
- John A’s
- The Back Corner
Where to Stay
Nashville offers accommodations for every kind of traveler with marquee hotels, boutique properties, bed and breakfasts, vacation rentals, hostels, camping grounds and more. With nineteen new hotels and five thousand new rooms, Nashville has many options to choose from. To learn more, click here.
If you’re traveling with a group, we also recommend exploring rentals properties on websites such as Airbnb and Vrbo.
The Best Kid-friendly spots in Nashville
Nashville has so much to offer for families traveling with educational and action-packed attractions for kids. Here’s a few of our favorite family spots:
- Adventure Science Center
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
- Nashville’s Children’s Theater
- Adventureworks Zipline
- Nashville Shores Waterpark
- Nashville Shores Treetop Adventure Park
- The Escape Game Nashville
More Visit Music City Resources
Looking for more? Our friends at www.VisitMusicCity.com are the official Nashville visitor and tourism experts with a website that features discount hotels, attractions, things to do, tickets, event listings and so much more.
Nashville International Airport (BNA)
Our newest friends at Nashville International Airport (BNA) have plenty of dining, shopping, and entertainment opportunities before boarding your nonstop flight back to Melbourne on Allegiant. If you want to experience Music City at the airport, don’t forget to check out Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge while you are at the Nashville Airport, Concourse C, near Gate C-7.
Book now at AllegiantAir.com!
Is your itinerary planned yet? Last thing to do is book your flights with the new nonstop option out of Melbourne Orlando International Airport (MLB) on Allegiant. Flights begin this November and can be booked now at www.AllegiantAir.com.
Click here for a downloadable pdf.